full stack web application developer
Title: Full Stack Web Application Developer
Job type: Part or Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior (depending on applications received, less experience may be considered)
Company size: 1-15 people
Company type: Private
Summary: We are looking for an experienced developer to help maintain our current software and design & develop the next evolution of our web user interfaces. You would join a small team of developers working remotely to develop and support applications for the lottery and gaming industry. The company is a small high-tech company with less than 15 employees globally with offices in the US and Europe.
Your main focus would be maintaining existing C++ and C# software and designing, developing, and maintaining new web-based user interfaces for our Windows server products. Some development and maintenance of the existing .NET and Ruby on Rails applications will also be required. You would also be available to help provide customer support.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong web application design and development
- Database development
- Designing and using REST APIs effectively
- C# Windows .NET application development
- At least a working knowledge of C++ and Ruby on Rails
- Good communication skills with English fluency (written and spoken)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- C# .NET, WinForms, and WPF application development
- Ruby on Rails application development
- Windows application development using C++
- Experience with both SQL Server and MySQL
- Automated testing and test driven design
Possible tasks besides development and software maintenance could include also technical support for presentations, demos, trade shows; assisting with systems setup, system integration and QA testing, deployments at customer sites, customer support.
The candidate should be a motivated problem-solver, self-starter, good team-worker, able to work independently with little supervision, and interested in a long-term position. The position will offer flexible hours, but the person needs to be available to work with others in different time zones. The expectation is that this is initially a part-time position, to develop into a full-time position.