technical support and test engineer
Title: Technical Support and Test Engineer
Job type: Part or Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior (depending on applications received, less experience may be considered)
Company size: 1-15 people
Company type: Private
Summary: We are looking for a motivated person to fill several related technical support and QA roles in a small company that produces software applications for the lottery and gaming industry. As an integral member of the company, you will work remotely with our teams in Europe and the US, supporting the efforts of both the development team and the marketing and sales team, as well as being a key technical support person for our clients.
You should have a strong technical background, Windows system administration skills, comfort with writing and using scripts effectively, good problem-solving skills, and good communication skills. Any prior experience in customer support, user training, software quality assurance, sales presentations, and technical writing would be a plus.
You will need to learn about every aspect of developing, testing, selling, and using our products, and be able to help us enhance and improve on the tools and processes we use. Your responsibilities will include developing and automating processes for software test and deployment, providing customer support, conducting user training, and providing internal technical support.
Required Skills and Experience:
- In–depth knowledge of Windows system administration
- Develop and use scripts to automate system administration and other processes
- Develop and automate effective processes for software quality assurance
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Good communication skills with English fluency (written and spoken)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to quickly resolve technical issues for users of Windows software
- Prior experience with any automation of software testing
- Creating course materials and conducting user training sessions
- Good presentation and writing skills
- Understanding of basic cryptography concepts
- Prior experience in the lottery or gaming sectors
The candidate should be a motivated problem-solver, self-starter, good team-worker, able to work independently with little supervision, and interested in a long-term position. The position will offer flexible hours, but the person needs to be available to work with others in different time zones. Some travel (international) may be required. The expectation is that this is initially a part-time position, to develop into a full-time position.